Tuesday, June 3, 2008

They don't even know how their songs can speak to your heart

I have for a while now been collecting songs that I want to have to listen to during labor. Last time I had 1 CD lol that was great but just not enough. After like the 5th time of listening to it my fiance changed it to the next CD in our changer and it was rap uhh not what I wanted to listen to at that time. I remember yelling at him to turn that s*** off lol. So I keep my ear out for new music that I may not otherwise hear as I almost never listen to the radio unless I am in the car. So I heard Jewels new song stronger women and I LOVE it. Now granted the whole song doesn't apply to me but these parts hit me hard and make me tear up when it gets to these parts.
I'm gonna love myself More than anyone else Believe in me Even if someone can't see A stronger woman in me I'm gonna be my own best friend Stick with me till the end Won't lose myself again Never, no Cuz' there's a stronger woman A stronger woman in me
Thats the chorus and to me it hits very close to home. Here is the other part of the song that gets me crying:
I've lived on hope Like a child Walking that mile Faking that smile All the while Wishing my heart had wings Well from now on I'm gonna be The kind of woman I'd want my daughter to be Oh
So I have added this song to my "birth" playlist for my MP3 player so I don't have to worry about anyone switching my songs. They can listen to what they want and I can be off with my MP3 and just be in labor land. I don't think that song writter/musicians really know how deeply thier songs can effect people.

No comments: